Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The 30 Second Cure to Losing

It was a fun filled weekend of soccer!


Training Friday was great. A Galaxy win on Saturday. But my soccer experiences Sunday ended on a sour note. I watched my students suffer a frustrating loss 1-nil.


They got over the loss pretty fast – in fact, my opinion is they got over the loss too FAST. They really didn’t seem to care that they got shut out to a team that really wasn’t better than them. The goal scored against them was a fluke and caused by lack of hustle..


But since I like to turn lemons into lemonade I figure I’d share what you can do to inspire and motivate your youngsters after a frustrating defeat.


This secret cure is fast, easy, and eliminates all frustration about losing in less than 30 seconds.

The secret is to…


Set a new goal for the team.


When my team lost I always made sure I set a new goal. Something to the effect of, "Here is what we are gonna do. We are gonna score 3 goals next game. And shut the other team out! Got it!"


When I did this, some of the parents looked confused and asked me why I put it to them that way.


Here’s why:


Right after a loss players are always frustrated, disappointed, or even angry. Most coaches think those are negatives that need to be eliminated. Not I.


I believe those attitudes are fuel. Fuel that can be and should be used to make your players inner desire burn hotter.


But without a clear destination, that fuel is just wasted.


Setting a clear goal right after a loss is exactly what an elite and dynamic soccer player does. Because he/she knows that mentally programming himself/herself to improve is just as important as practicing the physical skills.


When you are a member of my Peak Performers program I show you exactly how to supercharge your goal setting. I’ve seen complete transformations in players and teams by applying this one little secret.


So now you know the 30 second cure to losing!


Best,



"Sensei"


PS To get your youngster in the most effective condition mentally and physically join me on Friday nights. Go here to enroll NOW. http://www.murrieta.org/index.asp


PPS To find out more about my Peak Performers program, email me at nberentis@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment