Friday, February 1, 2013

Best Exercise for Ball Control


Best Exercise for Ball Control!


When it comes to ball control you'll 
find you are at best 
your best when you are completely confident in one or two moves.

At training I usually give kids the option to perform their 
favorite move.

I ask so what do you want to do?

At least 70% of the time I get a big smile and, "The Maradona!"

My response is almost always, "Ok... do you do that in the game?"

Player: "No!"

Me:  "What about practice?"

Player: 'No"

Me:  "Why not?"

Player: "It's really hard."

There are many fakes and feints you can practice and perform. 
When you practice them daily you can really improve your confidence
and use them automatically in your games. 

But I feel the best skills are the ones you are actually going to use in games adn pressure situations.  

That's why my favorite practice skill is called "baby v's". 

Players usually laugh at the name - but when they do the skill everyday they start to develop amazing ball control.  Plus their confidence skyrockets.  

The very act of performing baby v's every day increases 
the players ability to move the ball away from defenders in tight spaces. 

And when combined with
a quick turn and acceleration to open space
you make yourself
into a dangerous attacker.  

If you'd like to learn how to practice this 
wonderful exercise "baby v's" I'll be glad
to show you in a Complimentary Consulting session. 

Send your email now and I'll schedule your session asap.  nberentis@gmail.com


Practice hard!


Coach Nolan 

No comments:

Post a Comment